Cabeswater Trailer

I had a hard time planning out when I was going to get the footage for this project, as I was incredibly busy with other course work at the same time. I ended up taking my dog for a two and a half hour walk in the forest to get most of the footage, and then looked online for free-to-use videos that I couldn’t get by myself.
I knew that there was a section of the North East Woods that had a few dumped old cars and other metal objects, and a car is actually a central image to the story, so it was perfect. Though I still had to find it! I forgot which side of the woods it was on, so that took a while to get to.
Since this video/trailer was based on a book series I really like, I looked online for some other fan-made videos for inspiration. There are also a lot of fan-compiled music playlists, so I found a song from those that appeared on multiple playlists and also fit the vibes I was going for in my video.
Since it is a trailer, as I was editing, I tried to make it look as much like a real trailer as I could. This included mysterious imagery, production company at the beginning, and title and credits at the end. I also edited this on iMovie instead of Premire Pro, because I didn’t have time to get aquaiinted enough with the program to make the video the way I wanted it to look. My goal was to make it look like it was edited in Premire Pro, and I hope that worked because I don’t have a comparison.

Video Project Thumbnails and Proposal

When I drew these thumbnails for shots, I was really just drawing what I saw in my head as I imagined the film playing out. I wrote some directions in and around the frames, as well as arrows to indicate the camera movement and shot composition.

Video-Project

Tech Ex. Video Edit

Formal Elements Image Sequence + Analysis

Written-Analysis

Shot Composition Tech Ex 06

Extreme Closeup (ECU) /hip shot
Medium Shot / Aerial
Close Up / Low Angle Shot
Medium-close up (MCU) / Hip Shot
Close up (CU) / High Angle Shot (Bird’s Eye)
Wide Shot (WS) or Long Shot (LS) / Eye Level Shot